For one of our clients, Advanz Pharma, we're looking for a Medical Science Liaison for their start up in Belgium. Interested? More information on 0032 2 233 39 43 or send us your cv at email@example.com and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
. Develop and execute the local MSL plan, which includes product launch activities, evidence generation, external expert engagement plan, medical education, publication and communication plan; ensuring the successful implementation of medical affairs strategy at the country level.
· Develop scientifically based, professional relationships with local, regional, and national healthcare professionals to provide current medical and scientific education and information on our products and related diseases.
· Ensure that medical insights and medical/scientific field intelligence informs strategic planning at the local level, and that key issues or insights are flagged to other parts of the organization (i.e. at the global level) as necessary.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the delivery of scientific services to both internal stakeholders and external healthcare professionals; this includes: educating contracted speakers or training internal team members on products/diseases; medical review of new product opportunities; ideation initiatives for portfolio enhancement, etc.
· Respond to healthcare professional product enquiries to ensure focused and balanced clinical and scientific information that supports the appropriate use of our medicines and services.
· Establish and maintain contact with relevant medical, research and educational societies within assigned region as well as with Healthcare Professionals and other external experts.
· Develop where needed, medical/scientific communication materials (such as medical presentations and summaries of data/studies, etc. ) and ensure that these are reviewed from a scientific perspective, appropriately referenced, are of high quality, and comply fully with relevant company, Medical Office and local procedures.
· Demonstrate project leadership and management in and across field team and therapeutic area; including appropriate allocation and monitoring of local MSL budget.
· Participation in medical education for healthcare professionals through on-site / virtual presentations at healthcare facilities, investigator meetings, national professional societies and conferences, advisory boards, or local and regional healthcare meetings.
· Serve as medical experts within the Medical Office, and support other teams, such as the medical information team, with developing robust and high-quality responses to enquiries / standard responses
· Where appropriate, and upon request by the ADVANZ PHARMA clinical research team, to assist in the initiation, oversight and follow up of clinical studies initiated within the therapeutic area for which the MSL carries responsibility. Act as the point of contact with external experts to facilitate investigator-initiated study (IIS) ideas and requests for support to the global medical team as appropriate.
· Ensure that all activities and interactions are conducted in accordance with applicable local, global and national laws, regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, ADVANZ PHARMA policies and procedures, and accepted standards of best practice.
*Life Science Degree (Master Level)
*Minimum of 3 years working in a clinical or pharmaceutical environment
*Prior experience as a Medical Science Liaison is a plus
*Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with external experts, physicians and other healthcare decision makers
*Good understanding of drug development (pharmacovigilance), statistics and data analysis & pricing, reimbursement and market access
*Good Trilingual: Dutch-English-French
*Ability to travel within the country of employment on a regular basis. This is a field-based role
*Permanent contract/Direct recruitment
*Interesting salary and extra-legal advantages
*The possibility for a next step in medical affairs for a medical commercial professional