Web Service/API developer and middleware Administrator
Reporting to Guillaume Lefebvre (Domain Manager IPM)
Being part of the Integration & Data team, your main tasks consist in implementing API’s and integration logics (from design to deployment), administrating the middleware platform and ensuring a technology watch in the market of integration middleware – more specifically on the product(s) selected by IPM.
You will analyse the business needs, define the processes and describe the web services/API’s, produce the relevant technical and functional documentations, and implement the API’s/web services. The administration of the platform consists in monitoring the platform, executing the required actions to solve incidents and in executing product upgrades/updates when required. You will execute the needed test cases (both technical and functional), analyse evolutions and adaptations.
Key responsibility areas
- Design business logic, integrate interfaces and integration points in a hybrid IT landscape
- Support project teams in the design of their E2E integrations
- Contribute actively to integration governance by socializing integration principles
- Administrate the ESB and API Gateway platforms including: pro-active monitoring, incident detection and resolution, platform upgrade/update, capacity planning, define parameter settings of the platform
- Develop and execute quality assurance / test strategies. Troubleshoot as needed.
- Perform development of API’s and web services as required by the projects
- Assist with miscellaneous IT Back Office support, administration, custom coding, etc.
Specific expertise / Education, specific training and experience
Experience in API/web service design and development on the Cloud as well as On-Premise environments
Understanding of the different integration patterns for the following scenarios: On-Premise, Cloud and Hybrid Integrations
Understanding of Security, Encryption, Certificates (OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML)
Understanding of infrastructure components (routing, reverse proxies, containers)
Knowledge in Relational Databases and SQL Skills
Experience with configuration, deployment, and testing of enterprise software applications
3+ years system integration experience in an SOA landscape and integration of SaaS applications
Experience in programming in SQL including queries, stored procedures, triggers and functions
Experience in programming in JAVA (preferred) or other similar programming languages
Experience and ideally certified in at least one of the following products: IBM App Connect and API Gateway, or Talend ESB and Apigee
System integration experience with responsibility analyzing and developing cloud interfaces and integration flows using SOA, SaaS, and ETL technologies
Experience working with technologies like SOAP, REST(ful), XML, WSDL, XSD and JSON. GraphQL knowledge would be a plus.
Demonstrated experience for at least one object oriented language (JAVA preferred)
Adaptable to new technologies
Problem solving and analytical thinking
Entrepreneurial and independent
French and English are a must